Here at Covance we are getting excited for the start of the FIFA World Cup. Did you know that as a clinical trial volunteer at our Covance Leeds Clinic, you have access to a host of facilities including satellite television with Sky Sports and free Wi-Fi (and you can bring your own Laptops / iPads too) so you can chill out and watch the football while you take part in our paid clinical trials! To celebrate the FIFA World Cup 2018, we have rounded up a few interesting facts:
- The FIFA World Cup 2018 tournament will take place in Russia from June 14 to July 15 – the first time Russia has hosted the event.
- The first World Cup was played in 1930 in Uruguay, who also won it that year!
- The most goals ever scored by one player in a World Cup match, was five by Oleg Salenko of Russia.
- The birth rate of the nation that wins the World Cup goes up 9 months after victory!
With the anticipation for the World Cup building, why not join us now so you don’t miss any of those all-important World Cup games. You can apply to join our Covance volunteer panel here, to be selected as a participant for our paid clinical trials. Take a look at our current studies here.
If you are already a Covance clinical trial volunteer, why not get your mates involved so you can watch the World Cup together – you will receive payment of at least £50 for each recommendation (£200 for specific groups). Click here for full details.
Don’t forget, as a Covance clinical trials participant, you can keep up with those all-important World Cup matches in the comfort of our lounge areas – we are looking forward to kick-off! If you are not in to football, there are many other ways to relax here at our Covance Leeds Clinic. As a Covance clinical trials participant, you have access to the following within our Leeds Clinic:
- Satellite television with Sky Sports and Sky Movies in HD
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pool table
- Free retro arcade games
- Xbox 360 & PS3
- Board games
- Book library
- Daily newspapers
- Organised events such as quizzes and bingo
- Modern shower rooms
- 3 delicious meals a day